- Definition: Customership embodies the depth of connection, trust, and mutual understanding between a business and its customers. It transcends mere transactions, embodying a commitment to shared success and mutual benefit.
- Origin: The term "Customership" derives from the fusion of "customer" and "relationship," emphasizing the importance of cultivating meaningful and enduring connections with customers. It was coined by EverAfter to underscore the significance of fostering strong, enduring relationships with customers. By blending "customer" and "relationship," EverAfter sought to emphasize the essential role of proactive engagement, personalized interactions, and collaborative partnership in driving customer satisfaction and business growth.
Unlocking the Power of Customership
- Embrace Personalization: Tailor your interactions and offerings to the unique preferences and requirements of each customer. Leverage data analytics and AI-driven insights to deliver hyper-personalized experiences that resonate with your audience on an individual level.
- Prioritize Communication: Establish open lines of communication with your customers, inviting feedback, suggestions, and concerns. Actively listen to their input and demonstrate responsiveness and transparency in addressing their needs. Effective communication fosters trust and strengthens the bond between businesses and their customers.
- Cultivate Community: Create opportunities for customers to connect with each other and with your brand. Foster a sense of belonging and shared purpose by facilitating forums, events, and online communities where customers can exchange ideas, support each other, and advocate for your brand organically.
Key Attributes of Customership:
- Mutual Growth: Customership fosters an environment where both the customer and the business experience growth and prosperity. By nurturing strong relationships and delivering value-added experiences, businesses can cultivate loyal customers who, in turn, contribute to the success and expansion of the business.
- Collaborative Partnership: Customership emphasizes collaboration and partnership between businesses and their customers. It involves active engagement, open communication, and a shared commitment to achieving common goals and objectives.
- Long-Term Perspective: Unlike transactional interactions, Customership is characterized by a long-term perspective focused on building enduring relationships and fostering customer loyalty over time. It involves ongoing efforts to understand and meet the evolving needs and preferences of customers, thereby ensuring sustained mutual benefit.
Voices from the Community
Head of Customer Success | HowNow
Customership is having a growth companion.
Head of customer success | Open Blend
"Customership is about understanding each other's outcomes, initiatives, and stories. It's about advocating for each other and supporting mutual growth. Establishing a personal connection goes a long way in building trust and fostering meaningful relationships."
Flow Customer Success | Pluralsight
"A customership is kind of like finding new random friends in AOL IM chat groups back in the day. You may never meet this person IRL but the bond can sometimes be undeniable. And the goal is to not make it weird ✨"
Founder and CCO | River Consultancy Group
Someone deeply invested in both the solution and the people driving it forward.
Head of Customer Success | Duel Tech
Customership is about always providing invaluable feedback, suggestions and clarity.
Learning and Development Professional | HowNow
Customership is demonstrated through the consistent communication, willingness to provide feedback, and ability to adapt processes to align with platform's capabilities and your own strategy.
Director of CS| Mid - Market (52-200 emp.
"A great Customership sets the stage for a revolutionary transformation that benefits everyone involved”
Sacle CS Team Lead | Mid - Market (52-200 emp.
“Great Customership is when we achieve greater things together than we could ever accomplish alone."
Customer Success Manager| HowNow
Collaboration isn't just a buzz word in Customership.